1. A Library - I don't really know why this is a good idea. It just appeals to me. If you're writing a romance, it could be the first place they see each other, no words, no dialogue just pure sexual tension and awareness.
2. A Plane - People always meet on planes especially when they are travelling alone. You could write a thriller with someone stalking your lead character. Or worse you could write it from the stalkers perspective.
3. A Coffee Shop - Romance stories could very easily start in a coffee shop. A quiet girl sits in a coffee shop reading a book when a guy walks in for a coffee.
4. The Park - Two people meet walking their dogs. Or a girl is running just to be followed by a horrid murderer.
5. At home - it might not be exciting but it can be a great place to introduce your main character.
6. The Zoo - Everyone loves the zoo.
7. A Shipwreck/ A Plane Crash/ A Car Crash - Drama and chaos can make for a great beginning to any book.
8. Online - in a world where everything we do seems to be online you could totally start a book here.
9. The police Station or the hospital - something dramatic could have happened, perhaps something funny.
10. Pretty much anywhere - the main thing is that you just need to see where your imagination takes you. I often find that opening scenes depend quite a lot on the characters and what I want to tell my readers about them. Forging History starts in a bedroom because I wanted to show how close the two main characters had become since the last book.