1. Our Queen - As I said she's the longest standing monarch the United Kingdom has ever had. She's a woman to be reckoned with and definitely one to respect. Whether you're a royalist or not, you have to acknowledge how well our Queen has served our country. She's on a constant peacekeeping mission with all her foreign diplomacy agendas. She loves horses and dogs too and when she's at Balmoral she's been known to wear tweed... she's very British!
2. The Royal Family - As if the Queen isn't enough reason to love being British, her entire family are really pretty cool. Princes William and Harry are pretty darn cool and with Kate they've been doing loads of good things of late - like their campaigning for Mental Health. Of course nowadays when we think of the royals our minds very quickly turn to Prince George and Princess Charlotte - they are too cute. Congrats to Princess Charlotte on her first royal appearance up on that balcony.
3. Tea - We all drink it. We all love it. We all have a teapot! Seriously we love our tea. I'm more of a green tea sort of girl but I'm ten times more likely to drink tea (especially in the afternoon) than coffee. Nothing cools you down like a cup of tea on a summers day. Believe me it's true.
4. Bank Holiday Weekends - There is nothing more British than roast dinner on the bank holiday weekend with a pint in a beer garden. Yes. We like our pub lunches quite a lot. Although we don't like the wasps that usually flock around us during these lunches.
5. Sport - We spectate certain sports particularly well... Whether it's the Royal Ascot with the hats and heels or Wimbledon with all that beautiful white and green... or even the Cricket, one thing is for sure, there will be champaigne pouring in the stands.
6. Etiquette and General Politeness - So everyone in Britain is generally overly polite. We apologise all the time and more often than not for things we have absolutely no control over. We are very quick to use our Ps and Qs - Please and Thank You's really are important, especially in Britain.
7. No Guns - another thing I love about being British is that we don't allow guns on our streets. Yay! It's so safe that even our police men don't carry guns. The guns only come out when the serious stuff happens. In fact you never normally see the police unless the serious stuff is happening and yet we all feel pretty darn safe.
8. Stone Henge - We don't understand it but we sure love it!
9. The Words - There are seriously awesome words in the English language and us Brits love to make the most of them. We love calling people plonkers, Arses, completely barmy... Our parents all told us to belt up as kids... We love to get bladdered, wasted, sloshed. We're usually a little bit/ a lot blunt. We love saying that something is complete and utter poppycock and when that's not expressive enough we'll say it's complete and utter bollocks.
10. Football - even the most anti-football of Brits will watch and support England, Ireland and Scotland in both the Euro and World Cup! It's our patriotic duty and we love the chance to throw a party every time we win and to commiserate when we lose.