I then started thinking about the rules that I grew up with - they were much like the rules Aurora was expected to keep... and then I thought about the rules I've given myself... because writing this series has convinced me that we all have rules; we just don't make them public knowledge.
So, to share some of my rules with you...
- Sex tends to mean commitment for me. I'm not really one for one night stands or random hook ups. Historically, friends with benefits isn't probably a good idea either.
- I like order so I like the whole old fashioned principle of going out on a date. I like the structure - strange I know.
- Don't talk about marriage like ever - when my relationships end pre-maturely, it's usually because the guy I'm seeing made a joke about marriage and even in joke format, I am soooo not ready for that shit.
- I struggle when I date guys who are less intelligent than me and guys who are just boring too... so when it comes to dating the only guys I want to date are clever and funny...
- Never introduce a guy to the family - except maybe my brother... seriously, they are way beyond embarrassing.
- I never make the first move - I'd like to pretend to be a super confident crazily sexy feminist but no I like to follow the traditional route of letting a guy try to woo me... sometimes it's because I'm a wimp and other times it's because I genuinely like it that way... and before you say anything no I'm not bloody submissive.
- Never submit - we're equal. You can tie me to the bed and fuck me into oblivion but just remember that what you give you'll probably get back. I'm a control freak - and not necessarily in the kinky sense - but more in the "I'll never try to control you but you better not try and control me" sort of way... as I said when I give control, it's a choice and therefore by definitely, I'm still in control. P.S. Control is an illusion anyway.
- Speak your mind - if I don't agree with a boyfriend, he'll know about it. I tend to be quite honest... if I'm unhappy, I'll say.
- I've never had public sex, and as much as the idea turns me on, I don't think I ever will.
- I never share. I never go back. If you cheat I'm out. If we end it or if you want a break, I walk. I'll never wait. Guys have told me they will wait for me before... but I've never gone back. and I have no intentions of ever breaking that pattern of behaviour.