1. I'm nervous. You could tell me you don't like my book and it would be a bit of a disappointment but if my family tell me its rubbish it might just destroy my ego. I respect their opinions a lot.
2. My family is a little bit highly strung. My family are either religious or professional types and the life of a romance writer doesn't fit into their ideas of what my life should look like.
3. I write sex scenes and I don't really want my family reading them. That would be beyond awkward. I don't want them to know what's in my head.
4. I wouldn't want them to think I'm writing about them. I'm not. But it would be a very easy trap for them to fall into.
5. It's my secret. It's all mine. I don't have to share it with them. And I don't want to.