2.The hero is always handsome and a little bit arrogant and 100% hot.
3. The heroine always grows up. She starts out as a girl and grows into a woman.
4. The clothes. I wish I could wear a pretty dress every day.
5. Dancing - I love dancing and I'd love to dance the waltz every night with a beautiful regency gentleman.
6. The sentences are just incredible. Seriously. As if I could actually say to someone "if I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."
7. There's always drama, someone out to stop the love between the protagonists developing.
8. The rules. The social norms. Society rules are strict.
9. They always end up marrying for love. Convience has nothing to do with it.
10. The houses. They're extremely large and cold but you can't help but love them.