It's been quite productive and I've actually really enjoyed going backwards. Sometimes it's a lot easier to go back and re-look rather than stepping forward and writing something new. It's strange because other days are the complete opposite; the idea of editing my work is nightmare inducing and all I want to do is write five chapters... it's as if my brain is wired differently on those days; as if it needs something different.
I guess the same can be said for reading. Some days I want to read a historical romance novel with a arrogant duke in a cravat and then other days I want raw, unadulterated fifty shades style romance. It's as if every day I'm a different person... But if that's true for me, then it must also be true for my characters, right?
They have to be just as multifaceted and complicated as any living human being and that is a challenge. So in the interest of character developement, I'm going to share some interesting information about our very awesome, totally amazeballs protagonist: Aurora Stone!
Nicknames - Rory - Aurora's dad in particular likes to call her Rory.
Occupation - she's a student. She has an English Literature degree and is studying for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education so that she can teach English at secondary level (high school for you Americans out there :) )
Appearance - Dark, chestnut coloured hair. Blue eyes. Beautiful. Cultured. Refined. Expensive.
Bio - Has been a 'perfect' everything for as long as she can remember. She wants to break the rules. Especially when she finds out her family have been keeping secrets from her. Always wanted to live in a lighthouse when she was a child.
Family - Little Sister called Aileen (the black sheep of the family)
Her family are religious, wealthy, etc. They own their own publishing house - Stone Publishing.
Friendships - Best friends with Tallulah who is also one of her flat mates.
Cameron, her other flat mate and long time crush.
Grace, a girl from her course at uni.
Theo, a friend from her undergrad days (plot to come - no spoilers here) He took her to Italy at one point and taught her to speak Italian - let's say they are close...
Relationships - We know very little about Aurora's relationships because well mostly they just aren't relevant in any way except their irrelevance, if that makes sense. She's had a few boyfriends but nothings ever come of it.
Then of course there is Landon Peters; who she first meets in a bar as we all know.
Random Facts You Probably Don't Know:
- Aurora's favourite colour is grey. It often makes her laugh because it's not really a colour, just a shade.
- Her favourite type of cake is victoria sponge.
- She listens to acoustic music mostly.
- She always sings along with the music in her car.
- She's a little bit obsessed with organisation. If you saw her uni folders, you might die of shock. They are all colour co-ordinated and perfect. No loose sheets of paper. Nothing out of place at all.
- Aurora was not named after the disney princess (sleeping beauty) but rather the Aurora Borealis; the northern lights. Her parents would tell you, the name is perfect for her as she's like a light, a bright shining, happy light that brings joy into their life - cheesy but parents think this stuff... lol. In all seriousness though her name is a big part of why I got Michael to say those magic words to Landon in Enforced Rules about being blinded by the light of the sun... because that's exactly how I want Landon to see her; as a light. His light. His white, pure, angelic light. The light that can erase the darkness that's been left in the wake of his loss... but to say more would tots ruin it for all you guys who haven't read it. If you haven't - give it a go - I'm hoping you'll love these characters just as much as I do.
Love Hanleigh xxx